Assistant Program Manager
Princeton, New Jersey
We are looking for a bright, well-versed insurance expert to support internal and external stakeholder relationships and work closely across all functional areas. You would join an incredibly talented and experienced operating team and be instrumental in growing our business and appropriately rewarded.
In addition to the day to day coordination of activities related to internal and external functions supporting the management of program business, this position is also responsible for:
- Contributing to the onboarding of programs, including requirements gathering, ensuring programs become fully operational once contracts have been agreed to with proper documentation, and coordinating efficient data feeds from clients
- Active involvement in ongoing operational tasks and services for MGAs, TPAs and Clients that remain active and when necessary through run-off
- Ensuring that systems, processes, and controls are in place to capture required data elements outlined in Reinsurance agreements, MGA agreements, and other business partner agreements.
- Assisting with the development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the processes and systems (e.g. data repositories and downstream interfaces) related to program business
- Contributing to the production of reports, both internal and external, such as monthly/quarterly/annual reports, data calls, and internal/external audits
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with external MGA’s by serving as a primary point of contact and relationship manager with accountability for, general operational duties, effective claims management, and data collection and analysis
- College degree preferred
- Post-graduate and/or industry certification designation a plus
- Relevant industry experience in the management of operations of more than 5 years, preferably working within the program segment
- Experience in designing and evaluating controls, preferably with both surplus lines and admitted business environments
- Establish and maintain effective, trusting, and respectful relationships with customers and internal teams in a matrix environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to gather and assess client requirements, troubleshoot complex issues and develop/present practical and reasonable solutions
- Experience in managing granular and large sets of data
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills, specifically Excel
- Strong P&C industry knowledge, with a demonstrable understanding of the marketplace, the underwriting process and overall insurance company operations
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple and evolving priorities with limited direct supervision
- Effectively and efficiently present logic, reasoning, and analysis to others
- Guide oneself with little or no supervision, and depend on oneself to get things done
- The preferred location would be either New Jersey, Philadelphia or NYC. However, all qualified applicants who would like to work remotely within the U.S. will be considered for this opening.
We value hard work, integrity, and commitment - in return for your service, we offer benefits and rewards that are highly comprehensive.
This position will report through the COO and you will have exposure to all the executive team within the organization