Transverse is looking for a dynamic and engaging Reinsurance Contract Analyst who is looking for an opportunity to join an industry-leading Property & Casualty insurance carrier focused on partnering with Reinsurers, MGAs/Program Administrators, and Insurtechs.
We provide access to commercial and personal lines utilizing our admitted and non-admitted capabilities across all 50 states. You would join a deeply experienced and broadly talented operating team where your experience and drive will become instrumental in further growing our business.
The Reinsurance Analyst plays an important role within the organization, internally leading communication between departments regarding status and features of reinsurance programs while liaising with external partners. The Reinsurance Analyst will assure that the work they do is concise, accurate, and complete.
· Liaise with brokers, reinsurance underwriters, and analytic support for purposes of developing, implementing, and maintaining appropriate and financially sound reinsurance placements associated with program business opportunities, consistent with Corporate directives
· Lead in development and maintenance of positive relationships with external parties and appropriately represent the Company to all partners
· Review and evaluate treaty reinsurance contracts, include terms and conditions for acceptability and compliance to Corporate objectives
· Act as the internal liaison between Reinsurance and Accounting departments for reinsurance questions and inquiries from reinsurers and brokers
· Coordination with outside departments to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
· Assist Accounting in their obtaining and maintaining Letters of Credit, Trust Agreements, and other types of financial instruments needed to satisfy credit requirements
· Lead in additional projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree (finance, accounting, or risk management major preferred)
· ARe/CPCU or advanced degree a plus
· 12-15+ years of relevant experience in an insurance/reinsurance company in reinsurance operations and accounting/finance
· Above average knowledge of reinsurance including underwriting claims, accounting, finance and associated process, controls, and systems
· Experience in financial analysis of reinsurance underwriting activity
· Experience in the structural design/implementation of reinsurance programs a plus
· Strong technical skills in Excel
· Organized, clear, and effective communication skills
· Analytical, decision making, problem resolution and organizational skills
· Excellent industry-leading benefits package
· Progressive work environment that parses both virtual and office environments
· Remuneration is superior for the right person
· Ability to build their own brand as they build Transverse’s brand
· Direct interaction with all the senior leadership of the firm
We are excited to talk about the role, Transverse, and you in the role – are you the person we are looking for?!!!