Transverse is looking for a dynamic and engaging Financial & Treasury Analyst who is looking for an opportunity to join an industry-leading Property & Casualty insurance carrier focused on partnering with Reinsurers, MGAs/Program Administrators, and InsurTechs.
We provide access to commercial and personal lines utilizing our admitted and non-admitted capabilities across all US jurisdictions. You would join a deeply experienced and broadly talented operating team where your experience and drive will become instrumental in further growing our business.
The Financial & Treasury Analyst plays a key role within the organization and Finance/ Accounting Department. We are looking for someone who is a fast learner, a proactive thinker, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is results orientated, a problem solver, with a strong attention to detail.
· Assist with financial modeling and monthly forecasting
· Perform cash forecasting and assist in ensuring proper cash flow planning
· Gather key information for cash positions to aid in investing and borrowing decisions
· Develop new and maintain existing baking relationships to update account information, communicate transactional issues, and setting up new accounts
· Setup/ process outgoing wires, EFT, and ACH transfers
· Provide timely responses to the Accounting/Finance mailbox inquiries to follow up or escalate issues accordingly
· Prepare/ submit cash activity for the general ledger
· Assist in preparing financial dashboards and KPIs to support management decisions.
· Maintain Bank Reconciliations
· Assist with Board and Committee presentations
· Work closely with the investment team to coordinate activities between the departments
· Aid with tracking alternative investment fund activity
· Assist with internal control risk assessments and documentation related to general finance controls and the banking/ investment processes
· Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve transactional issues in a timely manner
· Documenting variances in relation to plan and forecast
· Assist with accounting month-end close including journal entries and reconciliations related to cash, and annual audits
· Draft initial reporting requirements for debt and equity investors in accordance with covenant requirements
· Ensure operational excellence by supporting management and taking on projects as assigned
· High proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn new software programs
· Dependable/ reliable
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to solve problems and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Understanding of the banking system and general economics
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting) required
· Advanced degree or relevant certification preferred
· 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry (Insurance experience preferred)